Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Final exam and course grades

Dear CHE110A,

We have finished grading your final. Your course grades have been determined and will be posted to the egrades system shortly.

Here are some statistics for you:

Final:
60% average
14% standard deviation

Course grade counts:
3 A+
3 A
3 A-
3 B+
9 B
5 B-
2 C+
5 C
3 C-
3 D+
1 D
3 F

I have posted plots of the grade distributions at:
www.engr.ucsb.edu/~shell/che110a/finalgrades.pdf

If you would like your graded exam back or want to discuss your grade, please stop by my office. I will be here most of the week, including all of this afternoon 2-5pm. We won't post solutions, but in correcting your finals, we have made an effort to indicate the correct strategy.

Lastly, as for the elective I did not take as an undergrad -- that was art history.

Good luck in your future studies!

Cheers,
MSS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for teaching, Dr. Shell. I really appreciate the effort that you put into this class in not only making the subject interesting, but giving real world applications as well. Best of luck in your research, and I hope our paths cross again.